Monday 30 April 2012

Calgary Expo with John Noble of Fringe and Lord of the Rings

It started out innocently enough, with a simple question. Would I like to be a Media Host for the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo? "Let me think about it", was my reply after digesting what this actually meant. Host a guest at the Expo, hmmm. So after a couple days of humming and hawing, I took a look at the guest sheet again. The entire cast of Star Trek TNG was already taken, which was okay. A little to big for a first timer anyway. Scrolling through the list the images of John Noble and Jasika Nicole from JJ Abram's show Fringe came up. I was shocked and surprised that no one else had jumped at the chance. Are you kidding, John Noble, I can host John Noble? Believe it or not I said yes.
This was my first time even going to the Expo, let alone participate in. My friend Scot Campbell actually had to talk me into it. Looking back after spending the weekend among such amazing people.. and I'm talking about the fans here and spending the entire weekend getting to know John and Jasika and their agent Holly I can't believe I almost said no. Both stars are so grounded and devoted to the fans they took time to speak and ask questions with everyone that came to see them. Their down to earth and informal demeanor relaxed any anxiety I had within seconds and it only got better from there. In short, two people that simply chose acting as a career. My son, Jesse just finished his first professional theatre acting in the Twelfth night in Toronto at Snobbish Theatre. This weekend was a rare privlage and I can see why he wants to be on stage in Stratford.
Thanks to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment